With an Indiana dad and an L.A. mama, I’m a Midwest meets West Coast gal. I value tradition, family and simplicity as much as I dig balance, wellness and discovery.
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs but visited family in Southern California every summer. Meaningful memories of time spent in Lake Arrowhead and Palm Desert inspired me to move west for college. I landed at Chapman University in Orange County, California to study broadcast journalism. I was thrilled to be living in my “second home” but, as an only child, I was also longing for more time with family. So, I transferred to the University of Missouri School of Journalism – the world’s first and finest. It’s also where my paternal grandparents met.
After college I moved to downtown Chicago and spent the next eight years creating content for Oprah Radio, International Association of Lighting Designers, Morningstar, Inc. and British International School of Chicago. I also freelanced here and there. As I neared 30, I started to crave more of the variety and flexibility that comes with freelancing. That’s how my biz was born.
I live on the West Side of Chicago with my husband and fierce kitty cat, Shirley. I love to cook, travel, watch documentaries, read, volunteer and explore all the city’s good eats.
The Nuts & Bolts
University of Missouri-Columbia
Bachelor of Journalism in Convergence Media, Magna Cum Laude (2010)
Minor in Information Technology
- Oprah Radio
- ABC 7 Chicago
- Morningstar, Inc.
- British International School of Chicago
- Nord Anglia Education
- International Association of Lighting Designers
- KBIA Public Radio (NPR Affiliate)
- KOMU-TV (NBC Affiliate)
- Naperville Community Television
Certifications & Awards
- Inbound Certified, HubSpot Academy (2018)
- Bronze EXCEL Award for Media Innovation, Association Media & Publishing (2013)
- Gracie Award for Outstanding Information/Entertainment Radio Talk Show, The Alliance for Women in Media (2011)
- Mizzou ’39 Award Presented to 39 Outstanding Seniors, Mizzou Alumni Association Student Board (2010)
- Harold Boyd Journalism Fund Scholarship Recipient, University of Missouri School of Journalism (2009)
- Scholarship for Academics, Gamma Phi Beta Foundation (2008, 2009)
- Golden Key Scholarship for Leadership & Academics, Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority (2008, 2009)
- Associate Board of Ambassadors Member, American Cancer Society
- Associates Board Member, Gastro-Intestinal Research Foundation